Eyebrow, Outside of eye, Under eye, Under nose, Above chin, Collar bone, Under arm, Thumb, Index finger, Middle finger, Little finger.
Then there is the Gamut point (the x on the diagram) - I'll explain more about this later.
First - know what's troubling you.
- Describe it clearly and precisely in a few words (I'll give some examples later).
- Guess on a scale of 0-10 how strongly troubled you are feeling. 0 is not at all, 10 is very much so.
Second - the Set Up statement.
- "Even though I feel this [whatever my trouble is], I'm OK." Say this to yourself 3 times while tapping on the karate point (the black spot shown above on the side edge of your hand).
- Make a "reminder phrase" - "that awful day", "this anger", "this nervousness"
- Tap about 7 times on each of the basic points in the sequence while saying your reminder phrase (out loud or silently).
- Tap on the Gamut point while you do this little extra routine - shut your eyes tight, open them wide, circle them one way round, circle them the other way round, hum a few notes of a tune (Happy birthday to you maybe), count to 5, hum a few more notes of your tune.
- Do it again - tap all the basic points in the sequence saying the reminder phrase.
- on a scale of 0-10, how do you feel now?
- is there any difference?
- keep going until you get down to a zero.
The question is, what is troubling you that you'd like to tap away?